Noah is so smart!!! He constantly amazes us.
(Some websites post "spoiler alert" to not ruin the ending for someone. Well, today this is a "toilet story alert" in case you'd rather not read about this!)
For the last 2 weeks, we've been trying to potty-train him at home and at his home daycare. He's kind of been doing it at daycare, but at home, he pretty much flat out refuses lately. So I haven't pushed it. I know he'll do it when he's ready. He's 2 1/2 and I had tried to start it because one day he told me, "Mama. I don't want to change diapers anymore!"
So tonight I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner when I notice him sneak off to a room and shut the door. I followed him and quickly realized he had locked himself in the bathroom. I unlocked it to discover him pulling down his pull-up all by himself. He told me, "Go back to the kitchen, Mama."
So I pretended to go back. I shut the door where I could just see in. He got on the "grown-up" toilet instead of his little potty chair. I could see him get toilet paper several times. After a near fall-in, I opened the door and offered help. Reluctantly, he let me. To my amazement, not only had he used the toilet to go #2, he had also wiped himself! Wow!
So, later that night I went out and bought a little kid seat that fits on the regular seat so it's less likely he'll fall in.
While I was gone, he brought Ricky our wedding photo album. He often likes to "read" it with me. We talk about the pictures as we look at them. Well, he got to a page that had an extended family picture. Ricky expected him to point out Mama and Daddy. He did. Then he also pointed out Uncle Gerard, Gary (who lives out of town and he's seen a few times), and Darryl (same story as Gary!). Ricky couldn't believe he knew who they were.
Another interesting story lately about Noah is he can read so many signs. He knows Albertson's, Target, Hobby Lobby, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Taco Cabana...He also recognizes the capital A wherever he sees it.
I was also getting his things ready for daycare tomorrow. He saw I had written his name on his drinks. He asked, "Mama, name?"
He also recognizes the group "Casting Crowns." He tells me not to sing, because that's Daddy's music! (Even though they're my favorite band of all time and I introduced Daddy to their music! LOL)
He's amazing!
Last story for the night, one morning I was ordering breakfast at McDonald's on the way to school. As I was ordering, Noah yelled from the backseat, "Hamburger, no pickles. They're sour. French fries. Orange juice!"
I laughed so hard I could barely finish ordering. He cracks me up!!!
What In The World?!?!?!?!!!!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment