Monday, September 5, 2011

My Cleaning System




I really like the ideas that the Flylady has. :) I adapted them to work with my schedule and the tiny bit of OCD that I have! :)

I of course still do the morning routine:
wipe down counters/mirrors in bathroom
wipe down toilet and scrub bowl (about every day or every other day as needed)
unload dishwasher
put a load of laundry in the washer, then dryer
make bed

When I get home from school:
play with Noah for a little while
do my daily chores for 20-30 minutes
play with Noah
start dinner (clean up as I go) (trying hard to use the Crock pot or make ahead a few meals)
eat dinner & clean up kitchen
playtime/relax

and the evening routine:

put away the load of laundry
load dishwasher
wipe down sink
straighten all toys (with Noah's help)
get lunches & drinks ready for the next day
lay out mine and Noah's clothes for the next day
put items needed for school in car

Sometimes I don't get it all done.  However, just doing some cleaning every day helps! If I absolutely can't get to it, I try to fit it in the next day.  It's so nice to wake up to a clean kitchen and a straightened house every day!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! I tried a cleaning schedule last summer, but instead of doing it in a month period, I tried doing it every two weeks. I got totally burnt out and it seemed like all I was ever doing was cleaning. You have inspired me to try it again. I'm gonna try your schedule!

    ReplyDelete